Chemical Formula: Na2Cr2O7•2H2O, molecular weight: 298.00.
Bright orange monoclinic needle shaped or granular crystal,
dehydrated to copper-brown substance at 84.6℃.
Deliquesces readily in air, and easily soluble in water, forming an
acidic orange solution. A strong oxidizing agent in an acidic
Mainly used in the manufacture of chromium anhydride, yellow
pigments and other chromate salts.
Also used in leather tanning, textile dyeing, electroplating,
medicine, lipids, oil-well drilling and wood preservation etc.
1. Avoid moisture, heat and shock during storage and
transportation. Keep away from combustibles.
2. Do not store with foodstuff or strong reducers.
3. Avoid contacting with eyes and skin.
4. Personal protective appliance should be equipped with, such as
self-suction respirator, acid-proofing rubber gloves, security coat
and boot, chemical-resistant protective glasses.
5. In case of leakage, reduce with 10% sulfuric acid and ferrous
sulfate, and neutralize with calcium oxide immediately.
Premium grade First grade Standard grade
Content %≥ 99.50 98.30 98.00
SO42- %≤ 0.2 0.3 0.4
CL- %≤ 0.2 0.2 0.7
Fe %≤ - - 0.005
insoluble matter %≤ - - 0.001